Michel Roux Jr.’s Petits Pots de Crème au Chocolat31.5.2018
This delightful dessert comes courtesy of Michel Roux. This also works well as a tasty treat!
You can catch him at BBC Good Food Show on Sunday 17thJune. See him around the Show in live interviews and in the Big Kitchen. Tickets for BBC Good Food Show are now on sale, visit https://www.bbcgoodfoodshow.com/birmingham-summer for more information.
Image courtesy of Christian Barnett
- 3 free-range eggs
- 4 free-range egg yolks
- 100g caster sugar
- 220ml milk
- 220ml single cream
- 170g bitter chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/Fan 160°C/Gas 4.
- Whisk the eggs and yolks with the sugar until pale.
- Bring the milk and cream to the boil before adding and stirring the chocolate.
- Pass the custard through a sieve and pour into little pots or cups. Carefully remove all the froth from the tops and put on the lids or foil. Make a little hole in the foil tops, if using.
- Place the pots in an ovenproof dish and pour in enough hot water to reach about a third of the way up the sides of the dish. Bake in the oven for about 30.minutes or until set, depending on the size. Smaller pots won’t take quite as long.
- Traditionally these simple little sweets are served just as they are, but if you want to dress them up, pipe a little rosette of Chantilly Cream.